Live VR Broadcast from Reggae SumFest Introduction by 360 Designs Studios
For those interested in live 360 we’re going live from Montego Bay right now with a number of technical firsts. No matter what time you get this, we’re probably still broadcasting…. It’s a 12 hour all night show. Check out 360 Design Studio’s website.
Live 360 Links:
Alternate live 360 link
- 6 cameras (Mini EYE 3)
- 6 x StitchBoxes
- 25 ft. Jimmy Jib camera
- 20 ft. Polecam camera
- Press tent camera with live talent
- 4 ft. Motion track + remote control gimbal camera (center stage cam)
- All cameras remote controlled from control booth over SDI/Fiber (white balance, gain, color, shutter)
- 3000 ft. of 4K SDI cable and 750 ft. of Fiber
- 2 x 4K streams (live directed output)
- 2 x 12 hour broadcast (25TB of SSD’s – for ISO recordings)
- 4 person crew
One of the advantages of Mini EYE that’s enabling all this is its modular rig design. We are able to install Mini EYE on a standard Jimmy Jib or Polecam head, and the pan/tilt/gimbal assembly ‘disappears’, with the lenses going either side of the mounts / arms. This is not possible with an ‘all-in-one’ design camera like Ozo, S1, Obsidian, etc. The reliability of the Blackmagic Micro cameras is key for a 12 hour broadcast.
Being able to remotely control the camera heads is key too, as it allows us to adapt to day-to-night and night-to-day changes in exposure and color temperature, without going near the cameras.
Check out the live show… some of Reggae’s biggest artists are performing, along with a special surprise guest appearance from a true Jamaican legend.
The post Live VR Broadcast from Reggae SumFest Introduction by 360 Designs Studios appeared first on Virtual Reality Reporter by VR Reporter