MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. Announces Curated Lineup of Virtual Reality Demos and Reveals Additional Indie Content to be Showcased in Atlanta
“Early Bird Ticket Pricing Ends Tonight; General Admission and VIP Tickets for Indie MEGASHOW Atlanta are Available Online for the July 15 Event at the Tabernacle”
Producers of the MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art., a new roaming event series from the creators of Indie MEGABOOTH dedicated to creative indie communities, have revealed virtual reality (VR) content that will be showcased at the one-day event. The first edition of the festival is taking place in Atlanta, GA at the Tabernacle on July 15. Early Bird ticket pricing for MEGASHOW ends on June 27 at 11:55 p.m. EDT.
MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. aims to bring specialized creative communities together to host a “MEGA” indie event. Tickets are available for purchase via megashow.indiemegabooth.com.
MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. ticketing info:
Early Bird = $18.00 USD (General Admission Starting June 28 = $25.00 USD)
- Ages 16+
- Re-entry privileges
- Access to games, music, art and more, for the duration of the event
Limited VIP Tickets = $75.00 USD:
- Ages 21+
- Re-entry privileges
- Entry into the venue one hour before General Admission ticket holders
- Dedicated VIP entrance to bypass the General Admission line
- Three (3) drink tickets
- Access to VIP lounge and observation deck
- Fast Pass for Virtual Reality (VR) game demo lines
- A limited edition merch item
In addition to the Adult Swim Games showcase area, which will feature released (DESYNC, Rain World, Rise & Shine, Small Radios Big Televisions, and WASTED: A Post-Apocalyptic Pub Crawler) and pre-released games (Battle Chef Brigade, Duck Game for consoles, and Kingsway) from the publisher’s catalog, MEGASHOW organizers have a curated an exciting lineup of VR titles and experiences for the event. All ticket types – General Admission and VIP – will have access to the various VR demos, however organizers encourage General Admission ticket holders to queue early for their top choices. Some of the interesting, wacky and visually stunning VR demos in the showcase include:
- Chocolate by Tyler Hurd/Viacom NEXT – A psychedelic music video for the song Chocolate by Giraffage starring lots of sparkles and lots of cats.
- Chroma Lab by Sean Tann – An interactive particle physics sandbox game. A joyful explosion of light and color. Like playing with thousands of multicolor bubbles.
- Space Pirate Trainer by I-Illusions – Space Pirate Trainer is the “official trainer” for wannabe space pirates. Pick up your blasters, put on your sneakers, and dance your way into the Space Pirate Trainer hall of fame.
- Tilt Brush by Google – Paint life-size three-dimensional brush strokes, stars, light, and even fire. Experience painting as you have never before.
“VR is still really new and for the most part only developers and early adopters of the technology have had the opportunity to check out all these super cool VR experiences! In the early planning stages of the MEGASHOW event series, I knew for certain that providing VR demos, whether it be games or experiences, was an important component that I wanted to include,” said Kelly Wallick, Overlord of MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. and Indie MEGABOOTH. “In addition to these curated experiences, we wanted feature local indie communities and provide a nice cross-section of talent between the participating game developers, musicians and visual artists. The MEGASHOW is bringing together some great Atlanta-based indie talent alongside hand-picked installation pieces to give attendees a unique festival experience.”
For more details about MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. or other Indie MEGABOOTH events visit megashow.indiemegabooth.com. Follow @IndieMEGABOOTH on Twitter or Instagram or search #MEGASHOWATL to join the conversation.
The post MEGASHOW: Announces Curated Lineup of Virtual Reality & Tilt Brush Demos appeared first on Virtual Reality Reporter by VR Reporter